Creative expression can do wonders for the soul, but some of us aren’t as naturally gifted at creating visually appealing art, which is why this is the best way to create your own masterpiece! The use of alcohol-based ink and a little-learned technique can magically transform a blank canvas into something you’re truly proud of in a matter of minutes. You can create beautiful abstract art that is inspired by how you’re feeling by choosing the colors that suit your mood.
This technique is called fired ink art, which involves alcohol ink, alcohol, and a little fire. Not only does this technique create something that deserves to be hung in a museum, it’s as easy as 1,2,3. First, you’re going to need some materials to get your Picasso on. Materials needed: A picture frame with glass, alcohol ink in the colors of your choosing, rubbing alcohol, and a match or lighter.
- Remove glass from picture frame
- pour the alcohol over the paint
- drop blobs of paint onto the glass in all the colors your heart desires
- Light with mixture with a lighter
- When the flame goes out you can put the glass back in the frame and marvel at your creation.
Here’s a video of how to do it, which I recommend watching before attempting.